Yes the moment has arrived. I know everyone has been glued to their phones awaiting the promised recipe after my post yesterday. See below for pure and utter tastyness.
- 200ml peanut butter
- 100ml maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 200ml gluten free rolled oats
- 50 gram chopped dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Mix peanut butter, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder, oats and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet and beat until combined.
- Add the chocolate.
- Roll bits of dough into golf ball sized balls and place them on a cooking paper.
- Bake at 220 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until centre is cooked through.
Enjoy the results.
They are a welcome treat after a tough training or even as a snack along the way. When a little moist they really work with a coffee or if your a tea person I’d recommend a nice cup of Barry’s tea! My favourite about 30 minutes after a session. There are plenty options to vary things of course, adding a little protein powder for the post run hit or another addition of your choice. They beat those extra sugary foods we might crave after exercise.